Purpose of the Murray High School RENAISSANCE PROGRAM:
To financially support the Renaissance vision and create an environment that will enhance student and faculty achievement. The Renaissance Program unites business, parent, school and community to cause positive changes.
This is accomplished by:
- Student Recognition – to promote and recognize excellence in academics, citizenship, attendance, and by enhancing student self-esteem
- Scholarships – to promote academics; awards are based on financial need
- Faculty Recognition – to promote and recognize excellent teaching; to provide teachers with a positive environment in which to teach
- Programs – to provide programs that will accelerate positive experience to all students, regardless of ability levels
– Top Scholar 4.0 GPA
– Spartan Scholar 3.6 GPA or higher
– Perfect Attendance 100% attendance record
– VIP (Very Improved Performance) with at least a .5 grade improvement
– Gift Certificates
– Recognition Luncheons
– Free or discounted entry to events/dances
– Spartan Spectacular prize drawings
– Faculty Recognition Luncheon
FAMILY ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- All Event Pass – $200 (Best Family Value)
- Single Event Pass – $50
CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Name in event programs.
- Plaque for business.
- Name on 5300South Street Sponsor Board.
- Passes for up to 10 individuals to all musicals, plays, athletic events, dance club and band performances.
RENAISSANCE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Congratulations to these great students, each of whom received $1,000 towards higher education through the Murray High School Renaissance Program!
Class of 2018 – Gabby Golightly (pictured left)
Madison Papworth (pictured right)
with Renaissance Chairperson Mitzie Huff (center)
Class of 2017 – Hallie Johnson, Ahmed Khalef
Class of 2016 – Leslie Noriega, Brandon Rich
Class of 2015 – Giulia De Vettori, Liberty Furner
Class of 2014 – Adhieu Arok, Maria Novoa, Jason Tang
Class of 2013 – Laura Bowles, Kiley Edwards, Nicholas Smart
Class of 2012 – Sarah Florreich, Marie Johnson, Biddy Tang
Class of 2011 – Preston Chapman, Jessie Cyrus, Kaysha Rytting
Class of 2010 – Sara Evans, Hans Lin, Madison Wilkins
Class of 2009 – Carly Beardall, Tressie Page, Jeff Smart
RENAISSANCE BOARD & Assignments for the 2018-19 School Year
President – Mitzie Huff
Vice President – Dan Hayes
Treasurer – Susan Greenburg
Secretary – Judy McArthur
Public Relations – D. Wright
Principal – Scott Wihongi
Faculty Rep/MVP Breakfast – Amber Rydalch
4.0 Luncheon – LeAuna Brown
Concessions – Mildred Horton, Ilene Nelson
Cooperate Sponsors – Mitzie Huff, Scott Wihongi
Faculty Christmas Lunch – Laurel Fetzer, Belinda Johnson
Family/Individual Sponsors – Judy McArthur
Handouts – Rebecca Taylor, Geneal Nelson
New Teacher Welcome Gift – Mitzie Huff
Scholarship Committee – Amber, Judy, Laurel, Mitzie
To become of Renaissance Program member, call Murray High at 801-264-7460 and ask for LeAuna Brown or any of the principals.