For more information about Murray Adult Education programs, contact:
Christine Gibbs – Program Coordinator
Murray High School Room 137
5440 South State Street, Murray, UT
Phone 801-264-7412; Fax 801-264-7499
ADULT ELL PROGRAM (English Language Learners)
ELL Classes are in 8 week sessions; students are encouraged to attend at least 2 sessions. Students must provide proof of Utah residency. Registration fee is $15.00 per 8 week session. New students may register and begin class during the first week of each month.
ADULT HIGH SCHOOL CLASSES
Pay online: Pay $35 for Adult High School Tuition
Pay for the Book Deposit. Book Deposit is refundable upon return of the books.
Pay $50 Book Deposit
You can pay online, but you still must register in person.
Murray Adult Education Programs to assist adults in completing educational goals:
1. English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – This course is offered to assist adults in acquiring basic English oral and literacy skills. Students work at their own levels, spending some time in conversation, working in groups and using computer software.
2. Adult Basic Education – This is a general skill development course for students who need to improve basic reading, writing, or math skills.
3. GED preparation – This course is for students who wish to prepare to take the GED test. The GED is equivalent to a high school diploma.
4. Adult High School Diploma – Complete your high school diploma requirements as an adult. Interested students should come in to meet with counselors to find out what remaining class work may be needed. Credit may be awarded for efforts such as full-time work experience and professional license training.
- Classes meet Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 6:00-8:30 PM at Murray High.
- Students may attend one, two, or three nights per week.
- The registration fee is $35.00 for one semester.
- All students are welcome and enrollment is open throughout the school year.