Murray School District Online Registration
Registration is completed through our student information system called Aspire. Every student must register every year. Please review this entire web page and instructions before starting.
If you do not have a computer, you may visit any library, or you can use a computer at your student’s school (after August 1st). After completing the registration, you will receive a confirmation email that the registration is complete. (Non-resident students must be pre-approved before completing this section. See #7 below).
A NEW student is any student without an Aspire ID number. If your student has ever attended a Murray school, that student is not new. All NEW students must go to the schools to provide proper documentation. Please call the school for more information.
Instructions for Registering New Students without an Aspire PARENT* Account
Instructions for Registering New Students with an Aspire PARENT* Account
Instructions for Registering Current and Former Students (including ECEC)
Please be aware that the Aspire Student Information System has two types of accounts to access this system.
- There is a STUDENT account that is meant for the student to access their grades. The username for this account is the student ID number. Students cannot register.
- There is a PARENT account that is meant for the parents/guardians only. The username and password are created by the parent. Registration is done through a parent account. Parents have access to view grades, attendance, emergency contacts, lunch balances, assessment scores, as well as edit some information. There is a “subscribe” button that can be clicked if you would like automatic emails regarding your student’s progress. DO NOT SHARE YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION WITH YOUR STUDENT, and do not include your student’s personal cell phone number anywhere in this system.
If you are not sure if you have a parent account, or if you can’t remember your username, please call the school where your student will attend, or 801-264-7471. If you do not have a parent account, you can create one on the Aspire homepage.
1. Registration for 2018-2019
PLEASE RETURN TO THIS WEB PAGE AFTER REGISTRATION FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
2. New MANDATORY Electronic Device Orientation Video
All PARENTS OR GUARDIANS must view this entire video (seven minutes) by clicking the link below. Murray City School District is excited to provide your student with a Chromebook for use at school and, for high school students, for use at home. We have purchased Chromebooks for all students from grades 2 through 12. Students will not receive their Chromebook until this video has been watched in it’s entirety. The video covers:
- Rules for using each device
- Insurance program for damage (high school students only)
- Consequences of misuse
Parents must create a user, watch the video, and complete a quiz.
Safe Schools Video Link
A digital certificate of completion will be created after completion. Nothing needs to be printed as our database will track the completion information.
PLEASE RETURN TO THIS WEB PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
3. Fees-Secondary Schools only
- Hillcrest Junior High 18-19 Fee Worksheet
- Riverview Junior High 18-19 Fees Worksheet
- Murray High School 18-19 Fees Worksheet
Payment through MySchoolFees is strongly preferred, but not mandatory, and is only available for returning students.
My School Fees Instructions (to set up new account)
MySchoolFees Link (returning students only)
If you choose not to use MySchoolFees for fee payments, you may use the school-appropriate Fees Worksheets above.
- Junior high students can mail in the payment directly to the junior high your student will attend. All information regarding fee waivers is on the worksheet. (You do not need to mail in proof of registration- the secretaries are notified automatically).
- MHS students can pay on registration day, (August 16, 2018 from 7:30-1:30) with cash, check or VISA.
SCHEDULES & LOCKERS – Secondary student schedules and lockers can be viewed in Aspire (in the student account) after registration is complete, the Electronic Device Orientation Video quiz is complete, and fees have been paid as follows:
- Hillcrest and Riverview Junior High student’s schedule will be available after three business days of completion.
- Murray High School student’s schedules will be available beginning August 3rd, 2018, after completion.
- No schedules will be mailed or emailed.
PLEASE RETURN TO THIS WEB PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
4. Forms and Information
The forms listed below are NOT submitted online (except the Free and Reduced Meal ONLINE Application). If you wish to use any of these forms, they must be printed and returned to your school.
All Elementary and Secondary Schools
2018-2019 School Year Calendar
**NEW** Calendar Information Regarding Late Start Days
Community Service Obligations or (Español)
Fee Waiver Application Grades 7-12 or (Español)
Frequently Asked Questions for Free and Reduced Meal Application
Free and Reduced Meal ONLINE Application (you must login to your Aspire account)
Free and Reduced Meal Application 18-19 (paper form) or (Español)
School Meals Program Information and Prices
USBE Statewide Online Education Program
5. Health Information
If the student registration indicated a health concern, the parent/guardian is liable for completing the appropriate paperwork. The appropriate forms must be printed, completed, and returned to the school as soon as possible. Please go to the Health Services web page to view these forms.
Bus applications are not necessary this year. All eligible students have been assigned to a bus. To check your eligibility by your address please click HERE. All special education bus needs should contact Kelli Kercher at 801-264-7400. If your address shows a “walk-zone” under the school information, you are within the walking distance (1.5 miles for elementary, 2.0 for secondary). If under the school information, it shows a bus number, route number, stop location and time, you are eligible and already assigned to that stop. If no information is returned, you are out of the Murray School District boundaries and are not eligible for busing.
7. Non-Resident Enrollment Information
Murray School District requires all non-resident students to re-apply to attend Murray City schools at two different times during the K-12 process. Sixth grade students must re-apply prior to entering junior high school and ninth grade students must re-apply prior to attending Murray High School.
You must submit your open enrollment application online at the district office (5102 S. Commerce Drive, 84107), between 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. There is a $5.00 fee per application and we take cash, check, or credit/debit cards. Students who do not complete an application and receive approval will be unable to register for the following school year.
Enrollment applications are considered in the order in which they are received. Each school looks at programs and capacity, as well as the overall past performance of each student in determining whether an enrollment application is accepted.
For general registration questions, please call the help desk at 801-264-7471.